It’s 100 degrees outside, but according to Starbucks, it’s already PSL season. And while I am personally not a fan of PSL, I get them. I also understand pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin in recipes. But these days, you can find pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING, and it’s just gone too far.
I reached out to my favorite crowd sourcing app, Facebook, and had people send me the weirdest pumpkin things they had seen. And man, the people did not disappoint. I’m going to break this list down into two categories: food items and non food items. And then let you decide…
Has the pumpkin craze gone too far?
- Ok, I kinda get this one. Might be ok on a bagel. But I’m easing you into the insanity of this list. You’ve been warned…
2. Oreos. This is unnecessary.
3. Kool-Aid. Kool-Aid? Why?
4. Twinkies. Twinkies are already gross. Why go and make them even worse?
5. Pop Tarts. Honestly, most flavors of Pop Tarts are gross, so why not this?
6. Ravioli. I MIGHT be ok with regular pumpkin ravioli, but pumpkin SPICE? No…
7. Protein bars. These might be ok. Maybe.
8. Chips. What are you supposed to eat these with??
9. Gum. Yep. Gum.
10. Hummus. Several companies make this. I just don’t get it.
11. Macaroni and cheese. Another one I could maybe understand if it was just pumpkin, but who wants a cinammon-y mac and cheese? Who?
13. Marshmallows. Once again, why?
14. Ok. I saved the worst two for last. SPAM. Why???
15. Sushi. Pumpkin sushi. Seriously. It’s gone too far!
- Chapstick. It’s too much. I don’t want to be breathing in that scent.
2. A pedicure kit. There are facials too, but I couldn’t find a picture.
3. Cleaning products. I can maybe get behind these for the fall.
4. Lip color. Nothing says fall like pumpkin spice lipstick.
5. Dog treats. Even the dogs get their pumpkin spice fix.
6. Once again, I’ve saved the best for last. Lube. WHY??
7. And condoms. Because…
These just made me laugh.
And this one may be real… But still funny.